Burmese pythons make rare pets but they are not really extinct. They are however, considered to be exotic pets. Not a lot of people would want a python for a pet as compared to cats and dogs. As the name implies, this specie comes from Burma, a county in Asia now known as Myanmar.
Burmese pythons are among the most popular snake pets because of their known gentleness as compared to other species. However, just like any other animal or pet in captivity, a Burmese python enclosure in the form of a cage is necessary.
The reptile would need his own home where he can relax and easily feel safe and secured. There are different kinds of enclosures and cages in the market today made with different materials. But while a lot of them are really good, a large number are also made poorly and are therefore not advisable to be used for such strong and long pets.
Below are some of the cages and tanks which are suitable for your pet python.
|Exo Terra Rainforest Habitat Kit|
|18 x 18 x 24 inches||4.8/5||$$|
|Big Apple Stackable Reptile Cages||15.8 x 15.8 x 19.7 inches||4.5/5||$$$|
|R-Zilla Fresh Air Screen Reptiles Habitat||18 x 30 x 30 inches||4.2/5||$|
Exo Terra Rainforest Habitat Kit – Best Burmese Python Enclosure on the market
This terrarium was custom-designed for snakes, lizards and frogs, therefore this will make a good permanent home for your Burmese python. Since this is a full glass terrarium, it gives off a perfect view of your reptile anytime and wherever he is. With this crystal clear glass your will have a 270 degree view of the tank.
- This comes with dual front doors designed for an escape-free access. This is important since most pythons are really strong and they tend to find weak parts to escape from. If not, they might accidentally bump hard into it and will get shattered or broken.
- This offers a unique front window and a full metal screen top for ventilation. This is perfect because even snakes need fresh air they won’t suffocate. The ventilation system also ensures that they get just the right temperature to suit their needs.
- This features a compact lighting system. The system is installed at the top to help save space and to ensure its effectiveness.
- This comes with all the necessities you need like decorations, water dish substrate jungle vines and rope as well as a care guide. This is indeed perfect for beginners.
- This also comes with a natural-looking rock terrarium background. This very realistic background would definitely help your pet get accustomed to his new habitat easily.
This cage is the only patented slide to lock, no tool-assembly and stackable multi-cage system out in the market today. This makes it unique and really good which makes it one of the most popular snake cages in the market. The cages are able to connect to each other to ensure endless habitat combinations. This is to ensure that your pet will have enough moving space to stay healthy.
This cage was designed with plastic side with glass panes. This is also known to be water-proof with recessed bottom to allow bedding with size approximately around 2 inches.
This cage is one of the uniquely designed cages which can fit your Burmese python perfectly. This comes with a sturdy aluminum frame which has been proven to stand against time and would last long. The black mesh screening has been made with the best quality materials and is designed to be really sturdy and escape-proof.
Furthermore, the PVC bottom is water-resistant and is very durable too. The design also includes cord access ports which allows you to use power cords and tubing whenever it is necessary or required.