If you are a fish pet owner then most probably you are aware of the dilemma that every pet owner goes through, cleaning the fish tanks. This is an unavoidable task since you have to ensure that your fish are safe and healthy at all times. The problem is, it really takes a lot of time and effort to transfer the fish and clean up and put everything back. The good news is, with the advancement of technology, self cleaning fish tank was also developed. This is such a huge help for those who loves fish but can’t or won’t want to clean the aquarium manually.
The Advantages of a Self-Cleaning Fish Tank
Well, this is really obvious. This feature will save you a lot of time and effort from cleaning the aquarium. With this, you won’t have to do the entire cleaning process. This will give you more time to admire your pets rather than get tired of cleaning. Furthermore, there are times when the tank becomes dirty but you don’t really have time. There are two choices, sacrifice your time to clean it or let it wait. Either way, they are really inconveniences. Additionally, if you wait too long before cleaning up, your fish might get sick. So this cleaning tank is basically the answer to that dilemma. It ensures that your fish tank is cleaned consistently and thus making sure your fish enjoy a healthier and better environment. These tanks are also very appealing; you no longer have to worry when visitors are coming over since it would always be clean.
For you to be able to choose the best self cleaning fish tank, you need to know the choices.
Types of Tanks
- Gravity Based Tanks. Gravity based tanks use pumps the siphons dirty water from the tanks. The system was designed to be strong enough just to pull dirt but not the fish so you don’t have to worry about their safety at all. There is a catcher under the filtration pipe to prevent the water from getting to the floor. You can usually just put a cup under the filter when you want the cleaning to start. After cleaning you can just throw away the dirty water then add some clean water to replace the lost ones.
- Water Garden Tanks. These types of tanks have a small garden on top and an aquarium at the bottom. These are self cleaning tanks which grows food at the same time. They are responsible in taking out all the toxins that the fish produce. These are then used to fertilize plants on top of the tank. These are indeed very convenient since you don’t need to do anything to get the water clean. Everything is taken care of automatically.
Things to Consider
Now that you know the two different types, it’s time to consider and choose which kind you’d prefer.
No matter how cute some tanks are, you still need to consider the size based on the fish you are planning to get. It will be unwise to buy a small one when in fact you are planning on buying a bigger fish or you are planning to raise several. Fishes are not able to survive long in very small containers. They need space to swim and play and just roam around.
You will need to consider where you are planning to place your fish tank. Will you position it in the living room, your bedroom or is it for your office? Where do you plan to put it? Will it be on a desk, cabinet or will it have its own stand? You need to choose a location which is sturdy and not exposed to too much human traffic for safety purposes. After taking these into consideration then it will probably be clearer to you as to which tank you will be buying.
The Power Source
You have to bear in mind that even after choosing the location of your fish tank, you also need to check if there is an available power source. This is an electric powered tank so it definitely needs electricity before it can do its self cleaning job.
This is one of the most popular fish tanks in the market today and there is no wonder to that. This is very good in many different ways. This is also very useful and can be displayed elegantly in different area of the home and office. Here are some of its features.
- This is one of the latest types of aquariums invented. This is able to clean itself up. It both siphons the dirt from the water and replaces the dirty one or it uses plants to receive the dirty water since it can be used as the plant’s fertilizers.
- This has a very simple and yet sophisticated design. The glass is made with high quality and crystal clear glass for easy viewing anytime. The design was taken into consideration since most pet owners love to stare at their fishes every day.
- There is no need to get messy since you won’t have to pour away water and totally replace it all. This self cleaning tank allows you to just pour in fresh water to change the dirty ones which have been taken off. The dirty water then runs out of the tube so you just need to place a catcher below it so as not to make a mess out of it.
- This is entirely low maintenance which makes it perfect for those who are always busy and those who doesn’t like cleaning. You basically have to do nothing with these tasks.
This little self cleaning tank looks clearly mesmerizing. The design of the tank itself offers sophistication. The fish tank has been designed to hold 0.75 gallons of water maximum. This has been made with clear plastic cube in order to make sure that the owner can view the fish clearly anytime he wants. This also
features a double sided background which adds elegance to its simple design. This also comes with decorative pebbles which is just enough for the aquarium. With these essentials, you won’t need to buy anything else; every important part has already been added here for your comfort. Furthermore, this has dimensions of 6 1/4×6 1/2×6 1/4 inches. This will perfectly fit any small spaces like the corner of your desk or on top of your dresser.
This is a very impressive aquarium indeed and is one of the newest designs of aquarium. This comes with a clear pump hose with adjustable drain extenders which ensures the quiet flow of water. One of its most impressive feature is it is self sustaining. The aquarium and its mini garden works had in hand fr survival. With this one, you may grow any plant which you think can grow all year round. Some owners use it to grow their favorite vegetable, herbs and greens. This is actually the perfect way to explore the natural environment and appreciate the beauty it holds.